Kristen Bauer, CPA
Chief Executive Officer & Employee Owner
Kristen Bauer is the CEO of LNW, leading by example of analytical rigor and a passion for helping successful individuals and families use their resources to have the greatest positive impact. With more than two decades of leadership experience in private wealth management, family office services and business operations, Kristen was instrumental in shaping the vision for, and structure of, what is now LNW.
In May 2020, Kristen was named CEO of Laird Norton Wealth Management. In the next three years, she led the firm as it joined forces with two like-minded wealth advisories long committed to fostering clients’ financial and personal well-being above all else (Filament LLC and Wetherby Asset Management). The result is LNW.
Prior to LNW, Kristen was a senior leader at Tiedemann Advisors serving as Managing Director for the Pacific Northwest and leading Tiedemann’s national family office practice. Previously, Kristen served in leadership roles, including CFO and President, at Threshold Group, which began as the family office for a prominent Northwest family and was acquired by Tiedemann in 2017. At the start of her career, Kristen was Director of Finance at Medalia Healthcare and Manager-Assurance at Arthur Andersen LLP.
Kristen’s upbringing in Bend, Oregon instilled in her a deep appreciation for nature and the importance of working to leave a healthy world for generations to come. She is actively involved in supporting environmental nonprofits and causes.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Personal Financial Specialist
- B.A. in Business Administration, University of Washington, Foster School of Business
- The Nature Conservancy, Washington Chapter, Trustee and former Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Wilderness Awareness School, Board President
- Young President’s Organization (YPO); member YPO Gold, Former Board Member
- Puget Sound Business Journal’s Women of Influence, 2022
- Puget Sound Business Journal’s Power 100, 2022 and 2023
Country singing and playing guitar, hiking, traveling far and wide.